Submitting a Letter of Inquiry
Letter of Inquiry
The first step in the grant application process is submitting a Letter of Inquiry (LOI). LOIs should be at least one and no more than 3 pages long and can be submitted at any point in the year. The Foundation reviews them on an annual basis only. Please include:
- A brief statement about the project a grant will address, as well as the history and goals of your organization and its involvement with similar past projects (if any).
- A brief project scope: objectives, anticipated outcomes, and any project-related activities already underway.
- Expected project start date and duration. (If grant funding will not encompass the entire project, please specify grant-specific timelines.)
- Total amount of funding needed, the amount requested from the Foundation, and information about other sources of support, both assured and requested.
- Organizational contact information, EIN and IRS Determination Letter..
All letters are personally reviewed by Foundation board and committee members. You will be notified about next steps after your LOI. Letters of declination or invitation to submit a full grant proposal are issued by Monday, July 8, 2019.
Mail or email LOI to:
The Jandy Ammons Foundation
PO Box 97487
Raleigh, NC 27624–7487