Submitting a Letter of Inquiry
Letter of Inquiry
The first step in applying to the Foundation is a Letter of Inquiry. Letters may be submitted at any time during the year, although they will be reviewed on an annual basis. LOIs should be at least one and no more than three pages long and should include the following:
- A brief statement of the project to be addressed, the history and goals of your organization, and your organization’s involvement with past projects of this sort.
- A brief summary of activities, including an outline of your objectives, and anticipated outcomes and implications.
- The approximate starting date and duration that the funding will cover.
- The total amount of funding needed, the amount requested from the Foundation, and information about other sources of support, both assured and requested.
- Contact information, EIN, and IRS Determination Letter for the organization.
All letters are first reviewed to determine if they fall within the Foundation’s program guidelines. Those that do not are immediately declined. Letters that are within the guidelines are then reviewed to determine the following:
- The priority of the proposed activity within the Foundation’s goals.
- The impact or the likely results of the activities.
LOIs to be mailed to:
The Jandy Ammons Foundation
PO Box 97487
Raleigh, NC 27624–7487
Or emailed to: Gina@thejandyammonsfoundation.org